Some of us find action and adventure to really get the blood pumping and we thrive in the thrill. If you are looking for an invigorating way to refresh your batteries then head to Kolad, Maharashtra’s white water rafting destination.
A popular weekend retreat that is close to Mumbai and Pune, Kolad is known as an adventure sports destination. Boating, kayaking, white water rafting, rappelling, trekking, camping, head to Kolad if you are looking for an adventure.
The river Kundalika is where all the action happens. The water rushes for 14 kms and that’s where white water rafting happens. If you feel the need for some watery speed then Kundalika gives you just that as it is one of the fastest-flowing rivers in the region.
Besides adventure sports there are a few dams, forts and waterfalls besides the natural beauty that one can enjoy in Kolad.
Here is a list of activities loaded with fun that you can enjoy in Kolad
- An instant paradise of adventure for adrenaline junkies, the Kundalika offers a 14 km stretch of rushing waters ideal for white water rafting.
- Visit the Tamhini Ghat waterfalls and the Kansai waterfall and hot springs nearby. These are popular destinations for anyone looking to enjoy the beautiful water bodies and surrounding lush green landscapes.
- The Bhira Dam, also known as the Tata Power House Dam, is another popular white water rafting destination. One can also enjoy photography, boating and leisurely picnics.
- If you want to experience peace while you indulge in some bird watching then visit the Sutarwadi Lake and its calm waters.
- In the mood for a trek, visit the Ghosala Fort that stands between the Salav and Revdanda creeks. The fort complex has a couple of temples, parapets, stores and prisons.
- Here’s a plus, the Plus Valley. This valley has the shape of a plus sign and offers medium-level difficulty for trekkers.
- The Tala Fort is another popular trekking point that offers a view of the Rajpuri River.
- There is a cave network of 13 Buddhist caves that were used by ancient monks. Many sculptures, inscriptions and paintings can be found here along with a few stupas.
So plan your summer weekend getaway for a weekend of fun, adventure and feel-good memories.